Monday, March 24, 2008

Justin Wright 1981-2008


My first real post.

A caricature of my friend, fellow student, and coworker Justin Wright. It's a strange and sad way to start this blog, but I just wanted to share this drawing I did as part of a tribute to Justin we had at work. It took quite a few hours and about 80 or 90 really awful drawings to get this one out, but I was really determined to do something for him and his family. It was important for me to do this drawing.

I feel like I should say something really significant now but there are so many people online, who were much closer to Justin than I was, that have already written about him in a far more meaningful and articulate way than I could ever hope to do.

Goodbye Justin.

Thank you for all those fun times at school, and thank you for inspiring me about life and art.

6 comments:

shiyoon said...

awesome drawing man!! post more stuff ^_^

Unknown said...

The fact that Justin is your first blog post is an honor to the man in and of itself. This is still definitely my favorite Justin sketch!
Let the blogging begin.

Justin Hunt said...

Thanks guys.

It's still rough, but it's as much as I could do in the time we had for it. I'll try and put some more stuff up soon.

Heidi Gilbert said...

Hey Justin,
This drawing is awesome. I'm sure he would have loved it. He was always wanting to see more of your work! And as Austin said...I'm sure he's very honored to have inspired your first post. Very beautiful tribute.

Justin Hunt said...

Thank you Heidi.

Aaronphilby said...

everything looks very professional